Building Resilience for Financial and Wealth Wellbeing
- Event Date: 2018-07-04
- Event Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The main focus of IBMC2018 is research related to Islamic business management. Theoretical and empirical research papers are invited for submission to this conference in the following areas but not limited to:
- Islamic Investments
- Fiqh Muamalat
- Halal Green Financing
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Islamic Fund Management
- Islamic Wealth Management
- Social Finance
- Islamic Business Ethics
- Islamic Marketing
- Shariah Governance
- Islamic Finance and Banking
- Halal Industry
- Islamic Economics
- Islamic Business Management
- Takaful and Re-Takaful
- Laws related to Islamic Business
- Waqf and Baitul Mal
- Real Estate
- Home Financing Product
Specific topics suggested by Industries:
Among the proposed specific topics highlighted by the industries:-
- Islamic wealth management and succession planning for high net worth and affluent segment
- Wills, inheritance & estate planning - the Islamic perspective
- How to increase your wealth through barakah way?
- Islamic philanthropy
- Islamic estate planning basics
- How to be rich in the world and hereafter with your asset?
- What is the purpose of Islamic estate planning and why is it important?
- Succession planning in Islamic Perspective
Issues and challenges highlighted by industries:-
- Misconception on Islamic investment; investing in Islamic Investment is embracing the "ethical investing", not on performance or returns only.
- Why Islamic Assets Under Management (AUM) contribution to the industries is still small and takes long time to grow? How can we address this issue from various intervention; Central Bank, Government, Security Commission and Financial Institutions?
- Why Islamic succession planning tools such as wasiyyah, hibah, faraid, and waqf are seen as troublesome and difficult to be implemented by some muslims?
- Why some muslims try to find ways to avoid faraid in order to distribute deceased estate?
- Why Islamic Asset Under Management (AUM) is still laggard compared to Conventional AUM even for highly muslim populated countries such as Indonesia, Pakistan and India?
- What is the role of educational institutions in promoting Islamic investment to muslim society?
- What is the role of Mosque in ensuring Muslims to invest in Shariah compliant investments?
- The Effectiveness of Islamic wealth distribution to eradicate poverty in the society
- Islamic Banks role in addressing poverty issues among muslims.
- Why public awareness on Islamic wealth management is still lack despite availability of its end-to-end solutions across financial institutions?
- How to increase public awareness on the availability of Islamic wealth management solutions in the industry?
- Why bulk of wealth in Islamic countries is managed by western countries, instead of muslim concentrated countries?
- Lacking of Shariah compliant product varieties especially investment in the Islamic space.
- Challenging macroeconomic environment: Product to meet the customer's needs.
- Operating model: efficiency and client experience
- Fundamental issue including limited instrument to invest and not much innovation
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||3 June 2018|
|Full Paper Acceptance Notification||10 June 2018|
|Early Bird Deadline||20 June 2018|
|Payment Due Date||27 June 2018|
All accepted paper will be published in IBMC2018 conference proceedings with ISBN number. On the basis of the recommendations provided by the peer reviewers, selected quality papers will be considered for publication in the following proposed ISI/Scopus indexed and peer reviewed journals (Publication fee (if any) is not covered in the conference fee). :
- International Journal of Economic, Management and Accounting (IJEMA) - ISI;
- Jurnal Ekonomi Malaysia (JEM) - Scopus indexed journal;
- Jurnal Pengurusan - Scopus indexed journal;
- ISRA International Journal of Islamic Finance - Scopus indexed journal;
- Journal of Islamic economis, banking and finance - Scopus indexed journal;
- International Journal of Islamic Business (IJIB) - Refereed journal;
- Journal of Muamalat and Islamic Finance Research - Refereed journal.
- The paper must be original and have not been previously accepted in a journal or under consideration for publication elsewhere
- All papers must conform to standard single-column format set in MS Word Template (Download it HERE)
- Minimum of six single-single pages and not exceeding ten single-spaced pages, not including the cover page, notes and bibliography.
- Papers must be sent through the OpenConf Peer Review and Conference Management System
- Papers for the presentation at the conference will be selected through double blind review process.
- At least one author for each accepted paper must register and pay the fees for the conference by April 1, 2018 in order for the paper to be included in the program and the conference proceedings.
- By submitting a paper to present at the IBMC2018, you explicitly agree that you will definitely have a fund and shall register for the conference.